Principal Function: Managing the financial activities of the church to support administration of the church.
Demonstrated knowledge of accounting methods, computer operation skills, management of budgets, ability to use and adapt to changing technology, ability to work with all types of people, good organizational skills, time management.
• Required: Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting and familiarity with GAAP.
• Strongly Preferred: Familiarity with accounting software and church accounting (United Methodist Church).
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and/or CPA a plus.
• Must pass background check.
Responsibilities for Position:
• Manage contributions in electronic format including member and administration reports, and collection method options.
• Oversee the meeting of expenses, tracking and payment of the expenses, including record keeping using accepted accounting standards.
• Payroll execution and management including required federal and state withholding and documentation.
• Establish and maintain special fund records including memorials, designated funds, short term fund management, and petty cash.
• Prepare monthly reports, asset monitoring, and year end reports including audit preparation.
• Assist in budget development, support the annual budget drive and consult with the finance committee as required.
• Attend meetings, including occasional evenings, as required.
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Time Expectations: Approximately 20-25 hours per week, some hours can be at home.